What is Senior Grad Party?
June 13th 9pm – 4am
Senior Grad Party is the annual all-night party in the UCHS gymnasium for seniors on the night of their graduation. The event, now in its 27th year, will celebrate the success of the Class of 2018 before they step out into the world. Senior Grad Party is a fun, safe, chaperoned drug and alcohol-free extravaganza with music, dancing, food, entertainment, games and prizes. To add to the magic of the night, the UCHS gym is transformed into an enchanted Roman Coliseum, a huge undertaking. It is anticipated that the graduating Centurions will leave the party with a lifetime of wonderful memories, plus some pretty cool prizes and mementos.
Wasn’t it called Grad Nite before?
Senior Grad Party is given by University City High School parents and occurs in the UCHS gym. Because of the confusion between this event and the Disneyland Grad Nite, we’ve changed the name to Senior Grad Party. IT IS STILL THE SAME AMAZING EVENT FOR OUR SENIORS AS IT HAS BEEN FOR THE PAST 25 YEARS!
What’s in it for the students?
- EVERY graduate has a celebration to attend on graduation night.
- Because the celebration is alcohol and drug-free, no one is under pressure to drink or use drugs.
- There are many chances to win prizes.
- Students will look back on this celebration as a very special night to remember.
- There’s no pressure to have a date.
- All graduates are together to celebrate as a class, perhaps for the last time ever.
What’s in it for the parents?
- Parents know their children won’t have access to alcohol or drugs at this event.
- Parents know their children will not be driving drunk or drugged, riding as passengers with a drunk or drugged driver, or be on the road where an accident might occur.
- Parents know their children will be in a safe, no-pressure environment as a final celebration of their high school years.
What’s in it for our community?
- Because the graduating seniorswon’t have access to alcohol or drugs at this event, this event keeps our children safe.
- The graduates will not be driving drunk or drugged, riding as passengers with a drunk or drugged driver, or be on the road where an accident might occur, potentially affecting anyone on the road. From9pm to 4am, they will be safely inside the school gym.
- The graduates not only will be in a safe place, it is no-pressure environment, meaning no peer pressure to do pranks or vandalize the neighborhood. They will be dancing, playing arcade games, dressing up, jumping on a jumpy, and so much more as their final celebration of their high school years!
What can you do to help?
Parents—We need volunteers. This is event cannot go on without the participation of dozens of parents. Also, the price of tickets do not cover the price of the event, so we must do fundraising. If you have a skill you are willing to share, please consider volunteering. We need artistic people, organized people, event planners, fundraisers, anyone willing to get involved so the event can be a success. And the best part yet, you will make friends with other parent volunteers!
Students—Tell your friends! We know that you’ve heard of Senior Grad Party. Those upperclassmen who graduated before you told you about it and it really is as fun as they say! So buy a ticket and tell your friends to buy a ticket too. You won’t regret it!
Community—Please come volunteer too We depend on parents and community members from years past to help set up and take down the event. Also, we depend on community members to donate, because the reasonably priced tickets do not cover the cost of the event. Please click on the DONATE button on the left hand side of this page to make a donation right now. Or feel free to send us a check made out to UCHS PTSA and mail it to the school.
Who’s going to the event?
How do I buy a ticket?